Tuesday, November 2, 2010

10th Blog (Mystery History Maker)

Welcome back bloggers! On Friday, my class will be going on a field trip to the local Museum of Civilization in Quebec. (You're probably thinking, what? You live in Ottawa, Ontario, don't you? The truth is that it's only 20 minutes away from my school) Click here to check out the website. My assignment that I had to do was to go to the website, and play this game called "Mystery History Maker" where we had to take a little quiz, and then, the computer matches us with a History Maker or someone historically significant to Canada that's mostly like us. Isn't that awesome? Click here to play the game. Then we had to do a little reflection about this. Click here for information.

Using the clues provided, I identified my Mystery Maker. His name was Thayendanegea, Joseph Brant. He was a War Chief from the Mohawk Tribe as well as a politician. I don't really have that much in common with this person. All I have in common with this person is that we both have or had only one sister, speak or spoke English (That wasn't his first language though, but he still spoke English) and stand or stood up for our rights. This person is historically significant in Canada, because he was a crucial link between the Iroquoian Tribe and the British, which ruled North America during his time. 

There you have it, my History assignment is complete. Thanks again for visiting my blog. Please feel free to comment. I hope you had a great Halloween on Sunday. I don't know if you had this weather as well, but it snowed in Ottawa. It was my first Halloween with snow. The snow's all melted now, I'm happy that it didn't last, because I'm not ready for winter. Anyways, Have a great night!   

No comments: