Saturday, November 13, 2010

13th Blog (Letters of Remembrance)

Dear bloggers,
     As you may know, Remembrance Day this year is Thursday, November 11th. We take this time to remember all heroes who have sacrificed their own lives to serve for our country in the war. My next assignment I had to do was that I had to be in a soldier's point of view, and write a letter to a friend or a family member about life in the war. Click here for more info. I portrayed a soldier who was writing a letter to his sister about the Afghanistan War.  Remember, lest we forget.

                                                        Kandahar
                                 Wednesday, April 5th, 2006

Dear Sis,
    
     You'll probably have received this letter somewhat in May. Everywhere I go, blood streams in a flowing motion. I see at least two people dead and many wounded in a week, it's a scene of horror. This week, two soldiers, including one soldier who I knew very well were killed by a roadside bomb. We're losing so many soldiers that the Canadian Government are allowing more soldiers to arrive to Kandahar to serve for our country. For the past few days, I've been feeling a little homesick, I miss everyone at home. I miss having a home-cooked meal. I'm tired of eating hard and bland biscuits everyday, and I hardly get any water, I'm so thirsty. Also, my back is really sore, the trench is so uncomfortable, and I don't have enough blankets at night, so I'm always cold. I miss my bed that had enough blankets and a firm mattress. Hopefully, I can come home to my family very soon. Every day, every minute and every second is a day, a minute and a second closer to the end of the war. It's gonna end soon and we're gonna win, I just know it. Hope all is okay at home, say hi to everyone for me and tell them I'll be back soon. I have to go, goodbye for now. I'll write back when I have the chance. 

                                               Your loving brother,
                                                                      Robert

There's my letter. I hope you take the time this month to remember. Please feel free to comment. Thanks, and enjoy your weekend.

No comments: