Thursday, November 18, 2010

15th Blog (Verb Tenses Quiz)

Greetings bloggers! Today, my class was given an assignment involving verb tenses. I will be showing you a piece of the same text three times. The only difference is that the first time will be in the past tense, the second time will be in the present tense and the third time will be in the future tense. This was supposed to be done in class, but I had to miss English, and now it's for homework. So here is the text, in three different tenses. Enjoy!

Story in Past Tense
Yesterday, I took my pet dragon to the grocery store, A&P. We walked up and down the aisles. I noticed that another pet owner walked her dragon towards us. My dragon ignored the other dragon to look at the Zesty Mango salad. The other dragon flew in and grabbed the salad right from under my dragon's nose. Then, a third dragon came out of nowhere, and he took the salad, and ate the whole thing.

Story in Present Tense
Today, I take my pet dragon to the grocery store, A&P. We walk up and down the aisles. I notice that another pet owner walks her dragon towards us. My dragon ignores the other dragon to look at the Zesty Mango salad. The other dragon flies in and grabs the salad right from under my dragon's nose. Then, a third dragon comes out of nowhere, and he takes the salad, and eats the whole thing.

 Story in Future Tense
Tomorrow, I will take my pet dragon to the grocery store, A&P. We will walk up and down the aisles. I will notice that another pet owner will walk her dragon towards us. My dragon will ignore the other dragon to look at the Zesty Mango salad. The other dragon will fly in and will grab the salad right from under my dragons nose. Then, a third dragon will come out of nowhere, and will take the salad, and will eat the whole thing.

There you have it, I hope you enjoyed the story using the three different tenses. Please feel free to comment. Adios, have a fantastic day!

No comments: