Sunday, November 7, 2010

12th Blog (How Are You Creative?)

Salut bloggers! My teacher, Miss Pollock asked our class, "How are you creative?" so today, you bloggers will be checking out my creativity and as well learning a bit more about me. Click here to check out the assignment. ENJOY!

There are a lot of things that make me creative. I've said on my blog before that I'm a singer. It's true, I love singing, I've been singing ever since I could remember. Also, I've been taking lessons for about 4 years, and thanks to my music teacher, I've performed at local festivals, recitals and Universities. I've also sang in school talent shows from grade 1-6. I've sang in front of a big audience, but I don't sing in front of my schoolmates very often, I guess I'm just shy at school. Also, I watch Glee, which is a music-related show that's so good. I'm hoping to go to an arts-related high school next year. I have to fill out an application and audition though, I hope I get in.










Another thing that makes me creative is that I love to eat, especially junk food. I also eat healthy food, like fruits and vegetables. For example, I love broccoli and Brussel sprouts, which most of you bloggers probably hate. Junk food though is my life, chocolate, chips, pretty much anything EXCEPT CANDY AND SODA! I find that they don't taste very good. I went trick-or-treating on Halloween, and I got a fair amount of stuff. If you see the picture shown below, when I ate my Halloween chocolate, I would eat about that much every day, sometimes even more. The picture shown below is worth about 3 regular sized chocolate bars. I know that's so bad, my Halloween treats is done now at least, so now I can go back to eating a little bit of junk food everyday.                                 

Another thing that makes me creative is that I hate sports. I suck at playing sports every time that I'm asked to. I'm more of the fitness kind of person than the Phys. Ed. kind of person. This year, I think I'm trying to get more fit by walking to school and from school when I can and doing at least 10 push-ups a day, and I gotta say, it's definitely helping me get in better shape. Also, everyday when I get home from school, before I do my homework, I would listen to upbeat music and I would just start dancing. I feel like that helps me get more fit as well as helping me prepare for the school dances.
Another thing that makes me creative is that I'm into electronics. I have a lot of gadgets in my home. I have a Nintendo DS Lite, a Game Boy Advance SP, an orange iPod Nano, a green iPod shuffle (which was mine, now it's someone else's), an orange camera, a pink MP3 Player and more. I play electronics in my spare time when I'm bored, have no homework, or don't really feel like dancing. To me, it really passes the time. I bring my orange iPod, my Nintendo DS and my Game Boy Advance to school everyday, but I'm only allowed to play with these items at recess only, which sucks, but on the bright side it saves a lot of battery juice. Also, I'm very tech-savvy. For example, when I first receive electronics, I don't need the instruction booklet, I would just go ahead and start operating the machines. I'm happy that I have electronics as part of my life, they make me a smarter person.   
 
The last thing that makes me creative is that I'm studious. People call me a nerd, because they think I'm smart and because I wear glasses, which I do, I've only been wearing them for a year and a bit though. Part of it that makes me want to do good in schoolwork is because I'm a perfectionist. When there's a test coming up, I would worry about it and start heavily studying, because I want to do well on this test. Same with an assignment, I worry about it, because I want to do well, so I heavily work on it. If I do well, I would be very proud of myself. If I don't do well, I wouldn't be mad, but I would be disappointed in myself. It motivates me though to do better next time. I shouldn't be complaining though, I just got my progress report, and I'm really proud of it, which means I'm doing well in grade 8, and that makes me happy.
    
Well, I hope that answers the question "How are you creative?" There you have it, my assignment is complete. I hope you enjoyed it. Please feel free to comment. Have a great rest of the weekend!
'

P.S. (For those who didn't know already) I love The Simpsons! I watched it ever since I was a baby, and it's been hilarious ever since. I was so happy when I went to Niagara Falls, because in one of the wax museums that I went to, there was a wax thing of Homer. Also, all over the walls it said, "No TV and no beer make Homer go crazy" which was from one of the notable episodes from The Simpsons which was so awesome. Did you know that The Simpsons show started in Christmas 1989? That means that The Simpsons show is almost 21 years old. That's long, I hope it never ends, it's that good. BYE, now you know how creative I am and you know more things about me!  

1 comment:

Hannah said...

Great blog post Melissa!
You are very creative, and that's awesome.
-Hannah