Friday, November 5, 2010

11th Blog (Museum of Civilization Reflection)

I'm back bloggers! My class had an excellent time at our field trip to the Museum of Civilization. Here's a reflection that I have to do now using the 3,2,1 method by my teacher, Miss Pollock. I hope you guys enjoy it! 

11/05/10 Museum of Civilization Reflection Melissa R8A

3 Specific things you enjoyed.
The first thing that I enjoyed was that we were allowed to bring our cameras and take pictures there, because we could capture the cool things shown at the exhibitions in the museum as well as the awesome shots with our classmates and friends. I'm happy I brought my camera, this is definitely something that will be memorable at out last year at Fielding. I would've put my pictures on my blog to show you guys, but I can't put my pictures on my computer, because when you get the software that lets you put your pictures on your computer, you need a CD, and my CD ROM machine is broken, so I can't put them on, I'm sorry.
     Another specific thing that I enjoyed was the walk-in play, because I felt that they did a really good job acting out historical Canadians. Also, I've never really experienced a play where we had to walk for part of it to head to the next scene, I found that fascinating. Thirdly, it was great that we could talk to them and ask them questions and comments about History or the play. 
     The last specific thing that I enjoyed was tied between getting time to explore the museum and eating at the cafeteria. It was great to explore the museum, because it was a great time to have a break from the workshops as well as getting more historic information and getting more pictures. Also, the food at the cafeteria was very good. There was so many choices to pick, but I decided to have pepperoni pizza with apple juice and a little bit of fries that Miss Pollock gave me, thank you Miss Pollock.

2 Important things you learned.
One important thing that I learned was that Ottawa was a word meaning "trade" which I never knew that, so maybe Ottawa was probably a good place in Canada for trading according to the First Peoples that first came to the area.
     The other important thing I learned was that the people that the walk-in play portrayed back then would sing French tunes, because it would motivate them to canoe harder, they felt that it was fun and made them happy and it kept them together, and it's true, singing does keep people together. 

1 Thing you would've changed.
The one thing I would've changed was when Miss Pollock said that we were 90% great. We should've made that 100%, but I guess we didn't. Well hopefully next time we're on a field trip, Miss Pollock will know that we'll be 100% great. 

       The End

There you have it, my 3,2,1 is complete! I hope you liked it. Please feel free to comment. Enjoy your relaxing and peaceful weekend!

1 comment:

Shauna Pollock said...

Fantastic work, Melissa! You were certainly 100% great at the museum, and this assignment is also 100% great. Well done!