Saturday, October 23, 2010

9th Blog (World of Work)

We meet again, fellow bloggers. On Wednesday, all of the grade eights in my school will be going on our first field trip to the World of Work. Here's an assignment that I have to complete about this upcoming event.


2. The section that appeals the most to me is the Information and Technology Sector, because I think it would seem the most cool, and when I heard about this Sector for the first time, I thought that part of it would be about different electronic gadgets and I love playing with electronics, so that would be so cool. 

3. Construction Sector: Three jobs that are part of the Construction Sector would be a Boilermaker, a Plumber and an Electrician (including industrial and power systems)

Design and Manufacturing Sector: Three jobs that are part of the Design and Manufacturing Sector would be the Head of Project Management, a Business Development Executive and a Bridge Engineer Technician.

Service Sector: Three jobs that are part of the service sector would be a Caregiver, a Personal Support Worker and a Personal Care Provider.

Information and Technology Sector: Three jobs that are part of the Information and Technology Sector would be a Software Designer, a Web Developer and Producer and a Technician. (Guess I was off)

Transportation Sector: Three jobs that are part of the Transportation Sector would be a Transport Manager, an Airport Ramp Attendant and a Commercial Vehicle Inspector.

4. One thing I wonder is, how many jobs are there in each sector? When I was looking at all the jobs in each sector, it seemed like there was a lot and I didn't feel like counting. So I think it would be interesting to know. Another thing I wonder is, would you say that the World of Work field trip is kind of like the Technology Showcase field trip? I know they both have a bit of technology in it, but there's gotta be differences at well, and I have a strong feeling that there is. The third thing I wonder is, why can you go to the World of Work/Trades when you have College and University to go to? In College and University, you can take a career on anything you what you want to do, so that question makes me think a little. The final thing I wonder is, are jobs involving computers the only jobs referring to the Information and Technology Sector? I thought that part of it would be about electronic gadgets, was I wrong?

5. After graduating from high school, I was thinking of going to University to get a music-related degree, because I'm a musical person, I love to sing. Then, I'll see where that road takes me.

References: I'm sorry, I forgot my references. All I know is that it was not from one of the websites that Miss Pollock gave out on her blog, and I searched on Google for jobs in the ___________ Sector.

There you have it, I hope you enjoyed my assignment. I'm really looking forward to this on Wednesday! Please feel free to comment. Thank you, and enjoy a relaxing weekend.

1 comment:

Shauna Pollock said...

Great job with Twitter today! I love the enthusiasm you use in every Tweet you write!

Your blog is looking great, just make sure to edit your song player so that it doesn't automatically start!

Miss P