Thursday, October 7, 2010

3rd Blog (Empathy Post)

We meet again, fellow bloggers! As you already may know, my class did my school's first Student of the Month presentation this year, and the theme that we worked with was empathy. For those who may not know, empathy means that you understand how someone feels without being judgemental. Some people refer it to taking a walk in someone else's shoes. I created a story that was used in the Student of the Month presentation. Spot the use of empathy as you read. I hope you guys like it!

One day, there was a Dog happily leaping along the motionless street, until an Ostrich came blubbering with a shedded tear in his eye. "What's wrong Ostrich?" Dog asked. "My goldfish died today." Ostrich sadly responded. "Oh no!" Dog shouted, then said, "I'm so sorry". "He was such a good and honest friend, I can't believe he's gone!" Ostrich sobbed. Before Ostrich said anything else, Dog stated, "I remember when my pet canary died". Dog took a deep breath, then continued, "I was seven, he was very ill. I still remember the day when he lost his breath, I couldn't stop crying. Now I cry once in a while." Ostrich felt his pain, Dog then said, "No matter what happens, we're here for each other and it's going to be okay.". "Thank you." said Ostrich, still devastated. "Let's go play some catch to get our minds off of it." Dog said. "Okay, that might help me feel better." Ostrich said, and they slowly walked to the park, not knowing if they will have a bad or a fun time, but they were always there for each other whatever the weather.
The End

Well, there you have it! Thank you for reading my story. If you have any comments or questions, please feel free to type in what you have to say. Thank you, have an awesome day!

1 comment:

Shauna Pollock said...

I love your whimsical story about the ostrich and the dog and I'm glad you posted it.

Also, your whole blog is looking really great. Good job with the links and organization of your blog.

Keep up the great work!