Thursday, October 7, 2010

2nd Blog (Empathy Student of the Month Presentation)

Hello again, my fellow bloggers! Great to see you guys again! Yesterday, my class performed the first Student of the Month presentation of the year, the theme for this month being empathy. The presentation included a story, a skit, a poem, a rap, etc., and everyone did an excellent job! Now, my class has to do a reflection on what we liked and what we can do in the future! Here's my response using the 3,2,1 created by my brilliant teacher, enjoy!

10/07/10                                                                           Melissa R8A

Empathy Student of the Month Presentation

3 Things that I think would have helped to improve our presentation.

One thing that I thought would have helped to improve our presentation would be to have everyone with their eyes closed. I know everyone wanted to see the final production in the large gym, but the few people with their eyes closed was kind of a distraction to the different skits that were going on as well as the audience, and this was about the kids sleeping and dreaming about things involving empathy, so they could have acted like they were sleeping and had their eyes closed.
     The second thing that I thought would have helped to improve our presentation would have been having more time to practice and get everything down. We had to finish presenting those Reader's Theatre stories and doing other schoolwork, leaving us with not many days to prepare for this presentation.
     The final thing that I thought would have helped to improve our presentation would have been to get everything memorized for the presentation. Again, we didn't have that many days to prepare for this, but I saw a few people with their Free Write books and that was a bit of a distraction to the different skits that were going on as well as the audience. Having no Free Write books on the stage would have been less distracting for everyone.

2 Things that I think went really well.

One thing that I thought went really well was when the rap group (Mateen, Will, Walid and Haneen) had instrumental music to their skit. That really helped keep the beat for them. Without music, the worst- case scenario would have been that they would've been lost and they didn't know where they were. The lyrics were as well great, so great job you guys, great job to the whole class!
     The other thing that I thought went really well was when The Dog and the Ostrich group (Sara, Tara, Amy) got the skit together in just one day. The narrating was great and the lip-syncing done by the two characters was also great.
     The other groups that I didn't mention also did a great job. Switch (Qavi, Jatinder, Jeffrey, Tyler as well credited even though he was absent) had great transitions while switching and the script was as well great. Also the poem (Hannah, Sara, Charlotte) was divided evenly, the script was also great and it was great when they said, "empathy" in unison. Thirdly the Dream People (Claire, Jumanh) did a great job acting it out and I loved the thought bubble that they were holding. Fourthly the Cameraman (Connor) did a great job filming and it was at a good angle. Fifthly, the rest of the cast and crew just dozing away, great job! Finally, Miss Pollock for making all of this possible, great job! Awesome job you guys, it's too bad that I missed out on this.

(The Ostrich and the Dog is a story written by me, which you will see on my next blog, so keep on visiting)

1 Piece of advice I have for students who will be performing in the future.

The piece of advice that I have for students who will be performing in the future is to always do your best in anything that you're doing and to give it your all, no matter what happens. If you stumble or make a mistake, just keep on going, the show must go on!
The End

Well, there you have it. That's my Empathy Student of the Month Presentation Reflection. I hope you guys enjoyed it! If you have any comments or questions for me, please feel free to type what you have to say. Thank you and have a fantastic day!

No comments: