Saturday, October 16, 2010

6th Blog (Khaleefa Reflection)

Hola bloggers! Last Thursday, a local author and slam poet named Khaleefa Hamdan came to my school to present for just our class. Now our class has to do a reflection about this presentation using the 4,3,2,1 by my teacher, Miss Pollock. To view more about Khaleefa click here. Here's my response, Hope you enjoy it! 

10/16/10     Khaleefa Hamdan      Melissa R8A

4 Specific things that you enjoyed about Khaleefa's presentation.
One specific thing that I enjoyed about Khaleefa's presentation was his poems, because they were descriptive and he used very juicy words, especially when he used those juicy words when he was rhyming. Both of those poems showed description and juicy words.
     Another specific thing that I enjoyed about Khaleefa's presentation was when he rapped for us, because I don't think he rapped last year, or if he did, I don't remember him rapping last year, so that was my first time hearing him rap and it was very good. Since I'm a musical kind of person, I could tell that he was on the beat, and good rappers have to be on the beat to do well, and he definitely did that.
     The third specific thing that I enjoyed about Khaleefa's presentation was that he was very honest. He wasn't afraid to tell us that he took a year off of University to focus on writing or that he's a kid at heart. Also, he wasn't afraid to tell us that he messed up while presenting his poems, but seriously, because it was so good, I couldn't even tell that he messed up.
     The last thing that I enjoyed about Khaleefa's presentation was that we got to talk to him as a class and ask him questions, and as a person and someone who is presenting for us, he is so kind, down to earth and humble. When the class talked to him, It felt like we knew him more than a few days ago and we were really great friends with him. Overall, the presentation itself was outstanding.

3 Things that Khaleefa did or spoke about that you can use to help inspire and develop your own poetry.
One thing that Khaleefa did or spoke about that I can use to help inspire and develop my own poetry would be when he told us that "life" was basically his inspiration, because to me, that made me feel that I could really be creative and write about anything in the world. I could write about a sombre meadow or a Mac Book Pro and I would be happy about it.
     Another thing that Khaleefa did or spoke about that I can use to help inspire and develop my own poetry would be when he talked about having the right amount of syllables in each line, because if you don't, then it's not going to work out, because it wouldn't flow right. I didn't really think of that when I wrote poems before I saw this presentation, so that would help me a lot in the future.
     The final thing that Khaleefa did or spoke about that I can use to help inspire and develop my poetry would be when he expressed himself in his poetry. I starting thinking about this when he read "Don't Look". When I present a poem out loud to a person or people, I should always remember what expression I'm giving out, but at the same time to make sure the poem flows as I read my poem. I can't wait to start to write poems in class, and use the tips from Khaleefa to inspire me.


2 Questions you have for Khaleefa.
One question I have for Khaleefa is, are there some poems that you presented to us last Thursday or last year that you came that will be used in your book that's coming out soon? It would be really cool! In the future, I picture you as a big star with millions of dollars, and I can tell everyone I know that you went to went to my school twice (3 times in November) and performed poems for the school, and I'll have an autographed copy of your book and show everyone what poems you read at Fielding, and everyone will be jealous. Seriously Khaleefa, you're so good!
     The other question I have for Khaleefa is (I mentioned this in question #1), when the class get a copy of your book, could we each get autographs? It would be really cool to get an autograph from someone who's got talent, who's an inspiration to many people, and soon someone famous, and that's very cool to get an autograph from someone famous.


1 A one sentence summary of why Khaleefa is a good role model for youth.
Khaleefa is a good role model for youth, because he's a friendly and selfless person around people who expresses himself in his raps and poems.

There you have it, there was my reflection about Khaleefa. I hope you guys enjoyed it. Please feel free to comment how you felt. Thank you, and have a nice and relaxing rest of the weekend!                   

No comments: