Friday, March 25, 2011

34th Post (Canada and China)

File:Flag of Canada merged with the Flag of China.jpg
Good to see you again bloggers! Today, a bunch of students from China came to our school to learn the culture of Canada and the English language for the rest of the school year. Two students from China are in our class, and will be learning with us. It's very exciting! For my next Geography assignment, I will be going to the CIA World Factbook, and I will be comparing and contrasting three pieces of information about China and Canada, and then saying something about it.  Click here for the assignment information! Here's my assignment, I hope you enjoy it!

After looking at the CIA World Factbook website, I have found three things that I would like to compare, contrast and talk about. One thing that I compared with Canada and China is that in China, 740 000 people are living with HIV or AIDS and 26 000 died since 2009 while in Canada, 68 000 people are living with HIV or Aids and less than 1000 died since 2009. It's sad that more people in China are living with HIV or AIDS, I wonder if part of why more people in China have HIV or AIDS is because Canada has better health care than China's health care.
     Another thing that I compared with Canada and China is that the age structure in kids that are aged from 0-14 years are 15.7% in Canada. However, in China, the age structure in kids that are aged from 0-14 years are 17.6%. It's really sad that in China, part of the law is that you only can keep one child, and if you have more children in the future, you would have to give the children up for adoption. It's really sad, I would be really devastated and scared if I was given up for adoption or if I were the parent having to give up the rest of my children up for adoption. 
     The other thing that I compared with Canada and China is that since this year, the average age that men are in China are 34.9 years old. However, the average age that men are in Canada are 39.8 years old. The average age that women are in male are 36.2 years old. However, the average age that women are in  Canada are 42.1 years old. Finally, the average age for men and women combined in China are 35.5 years old. However, the average age that men and women combined in China are 41 years old. I don't understand why decimals have to be included in the ages. It should've been rounded. I kind of thought that the average ages would be around the mid-thirties to the early fourties. I don't know why, but I just felt like I thought that. 

There you have it, my Geography assignment is complete. If you have a chance to look at the CIA World Factbook website, you should go and check it out, it's pretty cool. It's also a book, so you should get this year's edition at your local book store. You can compare things from many different countries from there. Please feel free to comment. Thank you, and have a great weekend!

No comments: