Monday, January 10, 2011

18th Blog (Eric Walters Response "Part Numero Uno!")

 It's been a while since I blogged to you bloggers! I hope you've had a happy holidays! I've been very busy fighting the flu and getting all my work done. A while ago, a famous author named Eric Walters came to my school. Unfortunately, I was really sick and wasn't able to go to the event, but I can still do the assignment. Click here for the assignment information. Here is the first part of the assignment, I hope you enjoy it.

Part Numero Uno
Here are the three books by Eric Walters that I chose.

1. Run by Eric Walters is about a 13 year old troubled kid named Winston MacDonald who gets in trouble again after his suspension and a runaway attempt. He gets sent to Nova Scotia to spend time with his journalist father who he hasn't seen much after his parents separated. Winston's father is covering a story about a kid named Terry Fox who he thinks is just some typical story about a man attempting to run across Canada, but when Winston meets Terry Fox and his best friend Doug Alvard in person, he becomes inspired by the situation. How will that go for Winston? I think the message in the book "Run" by Eric Walters is to achieve your dream no matter how impossible it may be, it can make a big impression on a lot of people.



2. I've Got an Idea by Eric Walters is about two sixth-grade boys named Alex and Sam who get teased a lot at school. Examples include calling them "brainers" and "geekoids". However, this new sixth grader named Twilight Stevens who has red hair and a lot of piercings on his ears calls the boys "dangerous". Alex is shocked about the comment even though Sam's ideas lead them into trouble, but Sam's ideas aren't like Twilight's. Like sneaking out to New York to see an awesome rock concert, but there's more to New York than just an awesome rock concert. For example, the amazing sights to see or the un-amazing gang of street thugs. What will Alex and Sam do? I think the message in the book "I've Got An Idea" by Eric Walters is that you need to rely on your friends, because you'll never know what it can lead to.


3. Grind by Eric Walters is about a boy named Phillip who has a passion for skateboarding. Him and his best friend, Wally meet a professional skateboarder who videotapes himself skateboarding, so he can put it on his website and get a lot of hits as well as money, so they decide to follow suit, but when they start getting a lot of hits as well as cash, because of their website, they feel a little pressured to do extremely dangerous stunts. Will their website be popular for long? I think the message in the book "Grind" by Eric Walters is to think before you do something that could lead to something not very good, because you could get in big trouble.

There you have it, that's part numero uno of my Eric Walters assignment. Part numero dos will be posted soon. I recommend that you read books by Eric Walters, they're fantastic! Please feel free to comment. Thank you, and have a good day! 

No comments: