Tuesday, January 25, 2011

20th Blog (S.O.L.E. Video: Cyberbullying)


Are any of you bloggers cyberbullies? I hope you're not! On monday, I presented my S.O.L.E. assignment along with Amy, Reshad and Aaisha who were my group members. Our topic that we had to research about was cyberbullying, and as a group it went pretty well. Our presentation was videotaped with Miss Pollock's camera, because my class' Oshawa buddies are gonna see them and then comment on my blog about the presentation. So Courtney and Breah, this is for you and I'll be fine with what you have to say, it's your opinion! If you want a review on the assignment click here and here. Also, if you want to see our group's post about cyberbullying click right here. In this video, you'll see a description, a bunch of poems including a slam poem, a SENSE-ible poem and an acrostic poem and a unique way to stop cyberbullying from happening. I want you to notice that cyberbullying is terrible and no one should be put up with it as well as the different types of poems we used and how we used the media cart to showcase our work. So here's the video, I hope you enjoy our presentation! When you're done, please feel free to comment. Thank you for watching it, and have a splendid day!

2 comments:

Shauna Pollock said...

Hi Melissa,

Thanks for posting this. You're always good at guessing what is coming next.

I got your comment and I fixed the due date for Assignment #19 - it will be due this Thursday (Feb. 3rd).

Thanks for noticing that inconsistency!

Miss P

Shauna Pollock said...

Hi Melissa,

Thanks for the comment earlier today. I was so happy to share your work and your words with other teachers, I'm so proud of you!

I just showed my mom your SOLE presentation and when she heard your "Elephant in the Room" poem, she was covered in goose bumps. She asked me, "Who wrote that poem?" and when I told her you did, she was SHOCKED. She thinks you need to do something further with this and share it with the world. I think so too. I think we need to find ways for you to perform this again, whether it be at a Youth Slam, an R8A hosted coffee house or in some kind of competition.

You are awesome. Have a great weekend!

Miss P